fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP - Passed (1st Attempt, Above Target)

PMP - Passed (1st Attempt, Above Target) 3 weeks 1 hour ago #31304

• Nicholas Fuller
  • Nicholas Fuller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I passed the PMP exam on my first attempt and achieved above target in all areas! How did I achieve this? Well, I took an approach similar to preparing a garden. First, I listened and watched the PM PrepCast which prepared a foundation for me to understand and learn (tilling and soil preparation). Next, since I am from the predictive side of project management, I began a thorough review of Agile practices by reading through the Agile Manifesto and Agile Practice Guide a few times. I needed to understand how Agile projects were undertaken and the process of managing an Agile projects. Following my review of Agile, I began reviewing the PMBOK Guide to better understand the terminology and how to relate the information to my everyday work practices (fertilizer for strength).

Once I had a thorough foundation, I begin testing my knowledge by taking practice exams and quizzes (regular watering). I wanted to make sure that I had a wide range of exam questions, so I reviewed questions from the Exam Simulator (PM PrepCast), exam prep books (PMP Exam Prep: 2024-2025 The Ultimate All-In One Guide by Daniel Revon), and PMP Test (iPhone Application). Finally, I listened to the PM PrepCast one more time to make sure that all of the information had soaked in really well. The day before my test I took two full timed practice tests and made sure to get a good nights rest.

My lessons learned are this:

1. Try to relate the material to the work you do and focus on those areas you are really not familiar with. For me it was Agile.
2. Take small bites of the information and thoroughly digest it. It's good for your mental health and really helped with my understanding.
3. Talk with your peers and colleagues to get their impressions and tips/tricks. Sometimes another person's perspective can really make a difference.
4. Don't follow only one person's example, ensure your study and practice is thorough and meaningful.
5. Don't multi-task and make sure you are focused on the goal.
6. Take your time and schedule your exam to ensure you have a goal to shoot for. Knowing I had a deadline was an important driver to keep me focused on the exam.

Thank you to the PM PrepCast team and Cornelius! Your product and presentation is amazing and I will recommend your services to all of my colleagues.

PMP - Passed (1st Attempt, Above Target) 3 days 14 hours ago #31456

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Nicholas,

Congratulations on passing your PMP exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned and relating your approach to a very common hobby of gardening so people can understand and relate. Make sure you take some time to enjoy your accomplishment, and I wish you great success as a professional in the career path you are currently on. Welcome to the PMP club!

Regards,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login